As a professional UK script consultant with over 20 years experience in UK film and TV (with credits across all the UK networks and on produced and theatrically released UK feature films). I often get contacted by writers, producers and directors to do ‘script coverage’ on potential projects.
You can read more about what I offer in my script coverage services below including what makes me different from other UK Script Consultants.
Script coverage UK
Your script will be reviewed personally by me – a BAFTA shortlisted and Royal Television Society nominated award winning professional script writer.
Your script will NOT be reviewed by an amateur who has done a course on how to write script reports.
Your script WILL be professionally assessed by a script writer with credits on the IMDb as a script writer and script consultant stretching back over 20 years.
Your script report will be a page by page analysis of strengths and weaknesses of your script.
The coverage will include suggestions on how to fix any problems in the script with detailed notes on;
- Technical notes on script formatting
The coverage will include advice on the marketability of your script and on where to take your script from here.
You can find out what my script reading and script coverage rates are below;
- Short film script report £50
- TV drama up to one hour script report £80
- Feature film script report £120
To contact me about my script reader services please email email@example.com and mark the email ‘Script Reports’
Don’t be shy, I won’t bite, and I also treat all writers at whatever level with respect and courtesy.
Better than other script consultants
And if you’re a rookie scriptwriter, while I’ve got you. The following blogposts contain some advice from me and might be useful:
- TV script submissions UK – where to send your script in the UK – can you submit scripts to the BBC?
- Can I submit a script to Netflix, Amazon, ITV or Channel 4?
- Scriptwriting agents UK–complete list with links and submission advice
- You’re doing spec scripts wrong – why scriptwriters need to think again about scriptwriting competitions and the BBC Writersroom
- Is TV script writing a viable career?–What do scriptwriters earn? And how to become a TV scriptwriter for Coronation Street, Emmerdale, Eastenders…
- You can also read my ebook ‘The UK Scriptwriter Soap writing handbook’ for free here.
And here’s a few snippets of my work:
Matthew Cooper has been a script writer for hire and UK script consultant for over 20 years. He’s written for most of the UK soaps, including writing award-winning episodes of Emmerdale, EastEnders, Hollyoaks and Family Affairs and has been BAFTA shortlisted and Royal Television Society nominated as a script writer.
His directorial debut, the rubber reality horror thriller ‘Markham’ was released in 2020, his second feature film as director ‘At The Mountains Of Madness’ hit the screen in 2021. You can find out more about Matthew’s work as a director here.